Friday, October 10, 2014

Make sure to take the time to Unplug!

As a tech guy who is always connected 24/7, I do find that if I do not make sure to stop and unplug for a while, I get burned out quick!
I try to take at least one day where I limit my using computers and tablets and keep myself busy with other stuff. It is a good thing to do to keep your mind fresh and keep yourself from becoming tired and drained with all the technology at our disposal.
I also found that if you stop working on your tablet or your phone an hour before you go to bed you will get a better sleep at night. My up band has proved this by showing that I am getting better deep sleep when I stay away from the devices before I go to bed. If you use them at night my deep sleep is less and I feel less rested. The lights from the tablets emit a type of light that makes it hard for your brain to release melatonin which helps you get to sleep. So limiting your time on devices before you go to sleep can help you sleep better at night and make you feel more rested.
I do the same when I go on vacation. I take only my phone, the toys stay home and I am unplugged completely. I tell work, I am not available at all, someone else will have to worry about what is happening at the office. Its the only way to get a truly good recharge while resting on vacation.
What do you do to unwind from technology and take a break?

No comments:

Post a Comment