Saturday, November 1, 2014

Music information. How the search has changed!

The other night I wanted to find out information about my favorite band. So I googled them and came up with posts from Wikipedia and other links.
In a few minutes I found out the latest release from the band and the latest news and tour dates. It got me thinking, how did we get this information before the internet?
Think about it. Back them when you wanted information about your favorite artist what did you do?

You bought a rolling stone or another type of music magazine to find out what was happening! I remember many times running to my local store to get the latest magazine and it was sold out! then what? You had to wait till they came back in stock to find out or call your friends to find out what changed. Maybe you could even watch MTV or VH1 but they may not have had information on rock bands or maybe they were playing the stupid reality stuff they did not and you could not stomach watching it to find out the news!

Now you go to the internet to find out information and the information is at your fingertips! We really take this kind of access for granted. I know I do. "Gah its not working!!! WTF??"
"its going through the air and coming back give it a second!!!"

Do you find information about music in a different way? Do you find any information in a different way than the internet? Write in and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment